Friday, October 11, 2013

David Hockney Inspired Photo Montage

 


The scene I am trying to communicate in my photo montage is our Yarmouth Performing Arts Center (Y-PAC.) We wanted out perspective to be like the viewer was standing on the stage looking out at all the seats. I think we were successful in communicating this to the viewer. I think it is successful because it looks like the Y-PAC, but, as one can see, what makes it a montage is the fact that it is broken up. Pictures of the scene, in different perspectives, are put together to make it a montage, and not a solid picture. I learned numerous things by doing this project. I learned what the difference between a montage and a collage is. I can now tell that a montage is portraying a scene with different perspectives of the same scene, and a collage is just a bunch of pictures put together (not trying to communicate a scene.) I also learned it takes a lot of trial and error to make a montage. It took a lot of moving the pictures around to see what fit the best where. Last, I learned that the more perspectives you have in the pictures of the scene; the more interesting the montage will be. Overall I found this assignment very fun and creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment